Saturday, April 24, 2010

Das Gute Bier


I was passing through Valdivia, Chile--a bastion of German settlements in South America. I was in search of my beloved Chilean domestic brew and it's source. I ordered two biers in what the brewery had designated as 'mas' sized mugs. There were probably four bottle-sized beers in each 'mas'. I order the unfiltered lager (holy cow), and the one made with honey. Here's the scoop: Glacial melt, rivers, patagonia, streams, wildflowers, wild bees, natural honey sources, all grains grown in patagonia, hops are imported from Germany, etc. These are a few of my favorite things. This is why the Kuntsmann slogan is, "Kuntsmann: Das Gute Bier". Oh yeah, and the meal was streusel cooked in traditional German fashion, TOPPED with slow-simmered venison in a beer gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment